1–2 December 2015
JNU Convention Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
UNESCO, the Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) and Jawaharlal Nehru University are jointly organizing a National Consultation on the theme 'Open Educational Resources for Inclusive Development: Identifying Challenges, Addressing Opportunities'.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the event, which will take place at the Convention Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru University on 1–2 December 2015. The concept note for the event has been uploaded here and the programme will be posted shortly.
The National Consultation will work towards identifying (a) present challenges to the creation and use of OER; and (b) opportunities for intervention for inclusive development through OER at the institutional and national levels. All discussions will be recommendation-oriented and action-oriented. In particular, the Consultation will focus on up to seven themes, each of which will be addressed by a dedicated consultative session. The themes are as follows:
1. Examining the benefits and implications of the 2014 Open Licensing Policy Guidelines of the National Mission on Education through ICT
2. Examining good practices and case studies on OER-based learning
3. Exploring the role of digital libraries vis-à-vis OER initiatives
4. Adapting existing institutional OER policies
5. Developing and applying frameworks to assess the quality of OER
6. OER for persons with disabilities
7. OER for skill development
We would be glad if you could confirm your availability and participation by 27 November 2015 at the latest. Please email Mr Anirban Sarma, National Programme Officer, UNESCO (email@example.com) and Dr Manas Panigrahi, Programme Officer, CEMCA (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your participation.
National Programme Officer
Communication and Information Sector
UNESCO New Delhi