Wednesday, August 20, 2014
CfPs: Conference on Decentralized Disaster Governance in Urbanizing Asia, at ARI Singapore; 5-6 March 2015
Monday, August 11, 2014
CfPs: Conference on Sustainable urbanization in India: Challenges and opportunities, organized by Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, 15-16 January 2015
- Urban inequalities (between large cities and small towns and among different groups within a city)
- Governance, planning and finance (role of govt. institutions, NGOs, CBOs and foreign capital)
1. Civic infrastructures (including access to natural resources)2. Waste management3. Emission and energy use4. Urban sprawl/mega‐urbanization5. Different shades of metropolitan civility and urban environmentalism(s)6. Cities and disasters – vulnerabilities and resilience
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for the selection of Inlaks Research Travel Grants in 2014. The deadline for receiving applications for the grants is October 15, 2014.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than three decades. The 'Inlaks Research Travel Grant' is geared to assist registered PhD. students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.WHAT DOES THE AWARD OFFER?
The 'Inlaks Research Travel Grant' offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at a university/institution/library abroad. The Grant will cover:
- Discounted air fare
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
- Funds for buying material and books, and making copies of relevant literature.
- The applicants must
- hold confirmed PhD registration for at least two years but for not more than four years
- have a first class degree at either Bachelor's (Honours) or Master's level, preferably both.
- be under 35 years of age on 31 December in the year of applying.
Humanities and Social Sciences
WHAT MUST THE APPLICANTS SUBMIT?
- Fully filled form for 'Inlaks Research Travel Grant'. The forms may be downloaded from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation website: www.inlaksfoundation.org
Sample of written work (3000-5000 words) on the subject of the candidate's research. This should preferably be a draft (with full annotation and documentation) of a chapter of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys, or any other work done towards the thesis.
- Evidence of having communicated with concerned persons or institutions abroad and having received a positive response.
- A written and signed statement from the applicant's supervisor stating:
The candidate's ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision
- The candidate's need to go abroad
- That the funds for the visit cannot be obtained from any other source
- Additional recommendations (i.e other than from the supervisor) should not be submitted.
The fully filled in forms and other enclosures must be sent by post to the following address: 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021
October 15, 2014
Any material collected by the selected candidates (books, copies, instruments etc.) must become the property of the candidate's institution for wider use by future scholars.
- All this material must carry a statement regarding the support received from the Inlaks Research Travel Grants
- The grants must be utilized within nine months of the date of award.
- The students must furnish vouchers/evidence for major expenses like lodging, library fees, buying books, etc.
- The candidates will be expected to go through a two-tier selection procedure.
- First round short-listing on the basis of the written record submitted by the candidate.
- Second and final round: Personal interview of the short-listed candidates.
|Download Application Form (xls. format)|