|KOICA Development Research Award 2014|
The KOICA Development Research Award (KOICA Award) is a competitive prize administered by GDN and funded by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). KOICA is the main implementing agency for Korea’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) grant programs. The prize identifies and recognizes completed research papers that engage in promising growth studies that investigate the salient features of Korea’s growth experience (Republic of Korea or South Korea) and provide an interesting analytical benchmark to analyze growth issues and prospects in developing countries. The authors of the papers must be nationals of any of the developing countries listed on the next page
The winners of the KOICA Award 2014 will be announced in mid-July 2014 and will receive monetary prizes and an opportunity to travel to Seoul, Korea in late summer 2014 to attend the prize distribution ceremony.
Theme: Relevance of Korea’s Development Experience for Developing Countries
The KOICA Development Research Award will be given out in the following prize categories:
- First Prize: USD 8,000
- Second Prize: USD 6,000
- Third Prize: USD 4,000
In addition, there are three special prizes:
- KOICA President’s Award for the Best Submission from a researcher or team of researchers from the 26 Priority Partner Countries of KOICA: USD 4,000
- KOICA Award for the Best Submission from a Young Researcher/Team (the individual researcher must be under 30 years; in case of a team submission, at least one researcher must be under 30 years of age and all team members must be under 35 years of age): USD 3,000
- KOICA Award for the Best Submission from a Woman Researcher/Team of Women Researchers: USD 3,000.
The winners of this competition will also be provided an opportunity to travel to Seoul, Korea in late summer 2014 to attend the prize distribution ceremony.Travel and other related expenses for the winners to attend this event will be borne by GDN.
- Open only to researchers who are nationals of eligible developing countries. Click here to see the full list of eligible countries:
- Nationals of eligible developing countries who are temporarily based in an ineligible country but not for more than five years as 15 April, 2014
- There is no age limit to apply for the competition. However, qualifying individual applicants, under the age of 30 years as of 15 April, 2014, will also be considered for the award for young researcher(s). Teams can also compete for this award provided that at least one team member is under 30 years of age and all team members are below 35 years of age as of 15 April 2014
- Staff members of multilateral and bilateral organizations are NOT eligible to apply
- Previous and current employees of KOICA and GDN or its RNPs are NOT eligible to apply up till 5 years from the completion of their tenure.Previous GDN Board Members, project mentors and members of evaluation teams are NOT eligible to apply
- Similar proposals or papers resulting as products from full or partial GDN funded activities cannot be submitted for this competition
- Reviewers and selection committee members for the competition are not eligible to take part in the competition
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING PAPER: 15 April, 2014 (Indian Standard Time 6:00 PM)only via our dedicated online submissions platform.
APPLY Please refer to the Guidelines for detailed instructions on how to apply
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please note: GDN reserves the right to modify, cancel or not award grants at any stage of the competition and grant-making. The decision of GDN will be final.
For further queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org