Supporting Library and Information Science research in South Asia
Call for library and information science research proposals!
Emerald is delighted to offer a research grant for a project in the field of library and information science research. The award will offer £2,000 (approximately US$3,000 equivalent) to fund the winning research project. In addition to the research fund it is also hoped that the findings of the research can be published in one of Emerald's many excellent library and information studies titles.
A number of Highly Commended Awards may also be bestowed.
Applications should address the dissemination of knowledge with a specific orientation toward benefit for South Asia.
The main member of the research team must be of South Asian origin or be based in South Asia.
For the purpose of this award, South Asian countries are defined as: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Pakistan and Maldives
Each application was judged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
- Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit South Asia.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
- Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
- Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
Each proposal must be submitted using the online application form at:
The following documents will be required electronically:
- A summary stating specific goals, outcomes and benefits of the research. This should not exceed 2,000 words (note that tables, figures, appendices and reference lists, if provided do NOT count to the 2,000 word total).
- A covering letter containing full contact details (affiliation, full address, telephone number/s and e-mail address) for all researchers involved in the project. Please state clearly which researcher will be the main point of contact.
The 2,000-word summary must:
- Display clearly a statement of purpose and intent.
- State clearly the methodology(ies) applied and explicitly describe the research process.
- State expected research outcomes and expected impact and possible application.
- Specify the expected timescales of the research process.
- Outline projected costs and total research grant required.
The closing date for applications is 1 September 2012.
Winners will be announced in October 2012.
For further information, please contact:
External Relations Executive
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Bingley BD16 1WA
Fax: +44 (0)1274 785200